Our Journey To Recovery

Our Journey To Recovery

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

February 2016

Christopher was honored by the "Helping One Guy" organization at a HOG Dinner Feb. 9th for Matthew Hart. The wife of Gary Deforest was presented an award for courage named for Christopher which stated:

"Courage - Quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face a tough challenge head on".

      









  On February 24th Christopher had the second surgery on his left arm and wrist, with Drs'. John Seiler and Houston Payne with Georgia Hand, Elbow and Shoulder. This procedure involved bicep tendon lengthening, brachialis fractional lengthening, elbow capsulectomy and brachioradialis muscle flap. Several of the upcoming pictures are pretty intense so be forewarned.



Recovery after
Waiting area prior to surgery
Preop before

Surgical site from armpit to the top of his wrist
Superman having a little dessert two and a half hours
after surgery no worse for wear.
.










His recovery has gone extremely well thanks to Erica his therapist at the GA Hand Therapy Group in Marietta.

Erica putting on the pressure. Bottom line, Christopher loves it!
Pretty straight, don't you think?



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates! I think of Chris and your family often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Chris face to face tonight. I've heard of him/known of him for years. I have looked at the blog. I knew all the boys, we did Young Life at Lassiter. Just saw Tyler at Kalie's wedding. Saw Ryan's dad last year at the YL golf tournament. Saw Chris at Moxie Burger tonight. I told Zingler I've been praying for you guys for years. And I mean it. And I will continue to. I look forward to running into Chris again out and about. And look forward to meeting y'all someday soon as well. Keep up the good work. Fight the good fight. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete